Friday, November 11, 2011

Racing=Some Guys' Alternative to Match.com?

Just need to share this one: last weekend, I did a 4.5 mile race that started an hour after a half marathon event.  As I crossed the finish line and entered the tent with medals and refreshments, a half marathoner finisher stopped me to ask me about my time and training.  Only at a race could someone flirt like this:
Him: What are you training for next?
Me: A half marathon in April.  What about you?
Him: Well, I'm always training for Boston.  I have my qualifying time, but I'm going to Tucson to see if I can get a better qualifying time.  
This went on for awhile and included a funny mix of stereotypical flirty comments with runner-specific stuff like these lines.

I've had more guys come up to me after races than at bars, which I guess is funny.

Does racing ever feel like a singles' bar to you?  What kinds of running pick up lines have you heard?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment